About Mrs. Mattison

Hello!  My name is Krista Mattison and I am a 1st grade teacher!   I have been teaching since 2002….my how time flies when you are having fun!  I have taught kindergarten at Cherry Valley for many years.  I am excited to move into 1st grade for the 2016-2017 school year.  Prior to teaching here at Cherry Valley, I taught kindergarten in North Bend, WA.  I have the very best job in the world and LOVE what I do.

Each new school year I can’t wait to meet the new little faces at my classroom door.  I am committed to supporting my students and their families each year through learning, exploring and having FUN. 

A little more about me: I was born in Seattle and grew up in Redmond, WA.   I have lots of family living nearby.  I earned my BA and my K-8 Teaching Certification from the University of Washington in 2001.  I earned my Professional Teaching Certificate from Seattle Pacific University in 2009.

On a more personal note, my husband Daniel and I have three beautiful children.  We have two daughters (Gracie and Audrey) and a son (Graham).  We love to play basketball, hike and spend time at the ocean.  We are a busy family!  My favorite things include everything at Starbucks, READING, and Hawaii!  I love to run, cook, shop for bargains and spend time with my family! 

The Mattison Crew:

Mattison Deception Pass July 2016